Welcome to the page of the Department of Computational Sciences of the INAOE.
The Department’s mission is to contribute to the advancement of science in Mexico in the area of computer science and information technology, through the following goals:
1) Conduct cutting-edge basic research in the specialty areas that characterize it.
2) Train teachers and doctors of science capable of solving highly relevant scientific and technological problems in the field of computer science in the areas in which they specialize and
3) Carry out applied research aimed at satisfying the needs raised by the productive and service sector of the country.
Currently, Dr. Jesús Ariel Carrasco Ochoa is in charge of the Department, which has a staff of 20 researchers, 2 research technicians, 8 chairs and approximately 40 master's students and 30 doctoral students.
RESEARCH LINES AND LABORATORIES
- Computational Learning and Pattern Recognition
- Reconfigurable and High-Performance Computing
- Ubiquitous Computing and Processing
- Biosignal Processing and Medical Computing
- Language Technologies
- Computer Vision
Computational Sciences is the department most recently created at INAOE. At the end of 1997, the Master's and Doctorate programs in Computational Sciences were developed and approved, beginning in August 1998. In 1999, the INAOE's Internal Advisory Council decided to create the Program in Computational Sciences, where researchers were located in Computing. In 2001, the Program became the Department of Computational Sciences due to the growth in researchers and students of the program.
Adress: Luis Enrique Erro # 1, Tonantzintla, Puebla, Mexico / Postcode 72840 / Tel: (222) 266.31.00 / Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 Mexico License.